Enable is the Voluntary and Community Sector Learning and Skills Consortium serving the East Midlands.
We are a charity which provides training and education for people who want to start or further their career. We do this by providing opportunities in local learning, skills and employment needs.
Objectives and Activities of Enable
The objectives of Enable as set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association are to develop the capacity and skills of the members of the socially and economically disadvantaged communities of England in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet, their needs and to participate more fully in society, in particular by:
- Assisting such charities and voluntary organisations to play a full role in the local and national learning and skills agenda and to make the most effective use of funding
- Providing support and guidance for charitable purposes by charities and voluntary organisations operating in the area of benefit;
- Providing high quality, vocational and non-vocational, learning
Our Mission Statement
- To enable the Voluntary and Community Sector to support the sustainable economic development of their communities through services that address local learning, skills and employment needs
- To promote and facilitate information sharing, consultation and partnership development regarding learning, skills and employment with and within the Voluntary and Community Sector;
- To provide high quality, integrated employment and skills programmes through a consortium of Voluntary and Community Sector providers;
- To meet the capacity building and continuing professional development needs of Voluntary and Community Sector learning and skills providers;
- To meet the Workforce Development needs within the Voluntary and Community Sector;
- To ensure there is effective and sustainable infrastructure support for learning and skills within the Voluntary and Community Sector.
Enable creates connections with member organisations, funding bodies and local, regional and national bodies involved in training, skills and workforce development.