Welcome to the Member’s area of the Enable website. Click on the links in the Members menu to find out more about:
- Who our members are, where they are and what they do
- Bespoke events for Enable members
- How to join Enable
- How to renew your membership
- Exclusive training for Enable Members
If you need further assistance please contact Enable on (0115) 7 100 200.
Consortium Terms of Reference:
- The consortium is a member owned organisation with membership open to all VCS organisations and groups that support its aims.
- All members have an equal say in the development and running of the consortium and nominate and appoint Directors to the Board.
- There are regular members’ meetings where matters of strategy, policy and practice are decided, following recommendations from the Chief Executive and Board.
- Member participation is enabled by various means with attendance at meetings not the only way to voice views or be involved.
- The consortium is committed to achieving inclusion and equality in all its activities and practices and in the service delivery of projects by members.
- The consortium acts as an advocate on behalf of VSC organisations and their communities and seeks formal recognition as a channel for participation, involvement and consultation with all city and county strategic bodies and partnerships and regional structures where relevant.
- Members are encouraged and supported to represent the Consortium on local partnerships and at relevant events.
- Regular information regarding developments, opportunities and funding is provided to members with, where possible, support to access these.
- The consortium promotes co-operation and collaboration between members and with other sectors.
- A ‘hub and spoke’ structure for the acquisition and management of learning and skills contracts is established to support members unable to contract independently and to enable the sector to access mainstream funding.
- The consortium will avoid competing with members for provider contracts and the Enable ‘hub’ does not deliver provision directly where this can be done effectively by members.
- The consortium secures appropriate resources to support the capacity building of VCS organisations and groups in becoming quality learning providers.
- The consortium has established a countywide ‘hub’ for VCS workforce development activity
Latest Enable News
- Recognition for Covid-19 Volunteers Open Awards (one of our awarding bodies) are supporting volunteers by officially recognising the amazing volunteering being done to support communities in these difficult times. If you’re a charity coordinating volunteers, a business with staff who are volunteering or know someone doing something great as part of the #Bekind #Keepsafe movement then they’d love to hear ...
- Covid-19 and Enable Our board of trustees and our CEO have agreed that, in light of the threat of covid-19 to Enable’s staff and learners, as of 5pm Friday 20th March Enable’s office will close. Our staff will continue to work in their own homes. This means that they will still be contactable on mobile and email. Our website ...
- New Training Course Available
Here at Enable we are always looking for ways for you to #enableyourfuture and we are excited to announce that we have a new training course to offer!
- East Midlands Charity Awards 2020 Recently published in Voluntary Centre Services Newsletter: EAST MIDLANDS CHARITY AWARDS 2020! After a successful launch, East Midlands Charity Awards are back to celebrate in 2020!East Midlands charities and not-for-profit organisations now have an opportunity to be celebrated and recognised for their outstanding contributions to their communities. The awards have been created to shout about all the ...
- Conference and Celebrations 2019 – Deadline extended!Read more
Enable's Annual Conference and Celebrations are fast approaching...