Mental Health First Aid Courses Available with Enable
What is the Mental Health First Aid course?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised two-day course aimed at teaching delegates to spot the signs and symptoms of someone experiencing or developing mental health issues and provide initial first aid support.
Stress, anxiety and depression are the biggest causes of sickness absence and over 90 million days are lost every year through mental ill health. One in six people experience mental health problems in the workplace.
How will a Mental Health First Aid Course help me and my business?
Although the objective of the course is NOT to teach how to be a therapist, our Mental Health First Aid course will develop your understanding around mental health and how to deal with stigma that goes with it. You will also learn a set of skills allowing you to spot the signs and symptoms of someone experiencing mental ill health and confidently offer the appropriate support to someone who needs it.
Independent Research and Evaluation* found that, by undertaking training in Mental Health First Aid:
- “Helped to reduce the stigma around mental health in the workplace by 64%”
- “91% of employees said they had an increased understanding of mental health issues in the workplace”
- “88% reported an increased confidence around mental health issues in the workplace”
- “87% reported more conversations were happening at work”.
* Statistics referenced from The MENTOR Study undertaken by The University of Nottingham and commissioned by Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
What will I learn on the Mental Health First Aid course?
Our accredited MHFA Instructor will deliver the course in four manageable parts in a mix of presentations, group discussion activities and group facilitation tasks.
- Session 1: Mental Health First Aid, Mental Health and Depression
- Session 2: Depression and Suicidal Crisis
- Session 3: Anxiety, Personality Disorders, And Self-Harm including Eating Disorders
- Session 4: Psychosis, Schizophrenia, and Bipolar Disorder
Everyone who completes the course will receive a certificate qualifying them as a Mental Health First Aider + a copy of the MHFA manual which is an excellent resource of information and support.
The course will be delivered to groups no bigger than 15 people.
How much does it cost?
- Businesses / Private / Corporate – £300 per person
- Voluntary Sector – Reduced rate – call us for details
- Bespoke options are available upon request
How do I book on?
To book onto a Mental Health First Aid course, or to check availability, please visit here
If the dates available are not suitable, please get in touch to register your interest.