What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised two-day course aimed at teaching delegates to spot the signs and symptoms of someone experiencing or developing mental health issues and provide initial first aid support.
How will MHFA help me and my business?
Although the objective of the course is NOT to teach how to be a therapist, it will develop your knowledge around mental health, how to deal with stigma. You will also learn a set a skills allowing you to confidently offer the appropriate support to someone who needs it.
Independent Research and Evaluation* found that, by undertaking training in MHFA:
- “Helped to reduce the stigma around mental health in the workplace by 64%”
- “91% of employees said they had an increased understanding of mental health issues in the workplace”
- “88% reported an increased confidence around mental health issues in the workplace”
- “87% reported more conversation were happening at work”.
* Statistics referenced from The MENTOR Study undertaken by The University of Nottingham and commissioned by Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
What will I learn on the two-day MHFA course?
Our accredited MHFA Instructor will deliver the course in four manageable parts in mix of presentation, group discussion activities and group facilitation tasks.
- Session 1: Mental Health First Aid, Mental Health and Depression
- Session 2: Depression and Suicidal Crisis
- Session 3: Anxiety, Personality Disorders, And Self-Harm including Eating Disorders
- Session 4: Psychosis, Schizophrenia, and Bipolar Disorder
Everyone who completes the course will receive a certificate qualifying them as a Mental Health First Aider + a copy of the MHFA manual which is an excellent resource of information and support.
The course will be delivered to groups no bigger than 15 people.
How much does it cost?
- Businesses / Private / Corporate – £300 per person
- Voluntary Sector – Reduced rate – call us for details
- Bespoke options are available upon request
How do I book on?
Dates to be confirmed, in the meantime, please contact us to register your interest, details below.
If the dates available are not suitable, please get in touch via the methods below
Enable Northants contact details:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office – 01536 527431