The Prevent duty requires providers and practitioners to exemplify British values in their practice and to use opportunities to explore British values and to challenge extremisim.
British values are defined as including:
“democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs”
Enable Members can promote British values by integrating them into learning activities in the classroom or workplace.
Here are some links to useful resources to help you promote and understand British values.
If you have anything you’d like to contribute a useful resource, please get in touch.
- Embedding the East Midlands Inclusion Framework A practical workshop to support organisational sustainability and inclusion
- Side by Side The Education and Training Foundation has launched Side by Side, the Prevent duty online modules for learners across the Further Education (FE) and Training sector.
- Black History Month Exhibition The Chayah Development Project will honour black history, experiences and accomplishments in a free exhibition at The Chase Neighbourhood Centre.
- Hate Crime Awareness Week 2017 Calendar Communities Inc. has organised some free events which aim to raise awareness of hate crime and promote understanding.
- Prevent Resource The Education and Training Foundation has developed resources to support the FE and training sector in countering the extremist threat to the UK.
- British Values – One nation Produced by Steve Wright and Routes Puppets. This resource is suitable for learners from Entry level to Level 3.
- ESOL Materials British values activities and worksheets, produced by Julie Bentley Consulting, for use with ESOL learners from E3 to Level 2.
- Understanding Prevent This BBC Radio 4 podcast programme explores the 'controversial' statutory duty placed on public institutions and it is well worth listening to.
- LGBT+ Rights in Focus Through video and discussion, these Parliament Education Service teaching resources explore legislation that has had an impact on LGBT+ rights in the UK.
- ACT NOW & PREVENT Workshop (20 July 2017, Lincoln) Would you like to know what kind of decisions police officers have to make in the event of a terrorism incident?