The Prevent duty requires providers and practitioners to exemplify British values in their practice and to use opportunities to explore them and to challenge extremism.
British values are defined as including:
“democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs”
- Tolerance of Differences – Accepting that other people have different faiths, beliefs and cultures should be respected and valued
- Democracy – Having a voice and understanding our role in influencing other people’s decision making
- Mutual Respect – Give respect to others and we can expect other people to show us respect
- Rule of Law – Understanding the importance of having laws, and our rights and responsibilities
- Individual Liberty – Being who we are without fear of prejudice or discrimination
Enable Members can promote these values by integrating them into learning activities in the classroom or workplace. Enable, it’s staff and learners are dedicated to adhering to these values.
Click the image above for a downloadable version of the above poster to put up in your office and classrooms.
For more information on how you can integrate these values into your classroom and learning environment, please visit here.
National Hate Crime Awareness Week – is 9th to 16th October 2021
If you have anything you’d like to contribute as a useful resource, please get in touch.
Need to report a concern?
Please contact Sam Cook by email.
For more details on Prevent Duty and how this affects your learning experience, please visit our dedicated webpage.
- Free Modern Slavery Awareness Training for LincolnshireThe Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire is delighted to have secured external funding to enable the delivery of Modern Slavery Awareness training across Lincolnshire. Working with the Safer Lincolnshire Partnership, the PCC is funding Hope for Justice to deliver this important training to volunteers and charity workers. Community safety is not only concerned with raising awareness ...
- British Values Training for our staffToday (8th January 2021) our staff took part in British Values training delivered by the wonderful Malcolm Smith from UK Parliament. This training was delivered as part of our dedication to our staff’s Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Many of our staff work closely with learners from all backgrounds and we work hard to implement British Values ...
- Far-Right Awareness Training OpportunityOne of our partners, Communities Inc, is running a webinar regarding far-right awareness training. This is a limited opportunity with only 20 places available! To download the flyer in pdf for display purposes, click on the image. Learn how the far-right manipulate genuine concerns and use them for their ideological gain. In this training you will be ...
- Embedding the East Midlands Inclusion Framework
A practical workshop to support organisational sustainability and inclusion
- Side by Side
The Education and Training Foundation has launched Side by Side, the Prevent duty online modules for learners across the Further Education (FE) and Training sector.